Monday, June 06, 2005
Have I mentioned that I like the 80's?
Didn't think so...but hey, I am just sitting here messing around on blog explosion, of course, and on vh1 classic comes..."Broken Wings" by Mister Mister. Holy double named bands, batman! I LOVED that song. I would BELT IT OUT when it came on the radio. The song makes little sense, but since it was a sort of slow one it SEEMED romantic. Right?

Anyway, I thought I would fill you all in on what song was No 1 on the charts on my birthday...every year in the 80's. Sound like fun?? Oh, come on! You know it does!

November 25, 1980--Lady by Kenny Rogers
1981--Physical by Olivia Newton John
1982--Truly by Lionel Richie
1983--All Night Long by Lionel Richie
1984--Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham!
1985--Separate Lives by Phil Collins (and that blonde chick)
1986--You Give Love A Bad Name by Bon Jovi (my 16th birthday)
1987--(I've Had) The Time of My Life by Jennifer Warnes & Bill Medley
1988--Bad Medicine by Bon Jovi (18th birthday)
1989--Blame It On the Rain by Milli Vanilli

Funny, huh? :)

So, if you guys wanna do this too, go here.

Now I am going to watch some more classic 80's. Oh crap, they just changed to "Rock Fest" on vh1 classic. Nevermind.
posted by Angie @ 11:22 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger carrie said…

    cool. 80's rule

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Now I am going to have to remember to do this type of post when my Birthday rolls around. 80's still RULE!!

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Scooter McGavin said…

    Wow, two songs by one of my personal favorites, Lionel Richie, not to mention he actually wrote Lady too. If only I could have been so lucky.

    Scooter McGavin's 9th Green

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Crystie said…

    Wow, that is so cool, you always have the neatest things on here! I am going to steal your idea, and just change it around a little, thanks for helping make my blog interesting! LOL

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    I remember all of those ..lol I also think the 80's ruled ...So much fin they were ....I think that Milli Vanili should be banned ..you know they still play that crap on the radio ...If they do they should credit the actual singers ...It's crazy ...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives