Saturday, June 04, 2005
What's the word I'm looking for??
What would be the word for Bird Suicide? 'Cause let me tell ya...the birdie population around here seems to be abundant this year...and each and every one of them seems to want to commit birdicide...aviary-cide..hmm...whatever. Every time I am out driving I have birds coming at my car grill like it's a freshly Windexed picture window! They are swooping and lunging and I am cringing and closing my eyes and fighting the urge to swerve, bracing for that little thud that should follow the Kamikaze dive and subsequent obliteration of said birdie. I am really surprised that I haven't seen more birdie roadkill around. You know the kind..you've seen it..the roadkill with one little feathered wing sticking up in the wind.

Tweety, surely you have something to live for!! Think of the children!!
posted by Angie @ 10:19 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger J&J's Mom said…

    I hear ya...one was hit by the car in front of me..then started to wobble across the road as I drove over it...oops..

    Here via Michele's ...Hi! I'm going to go poke about with a big stick...just in case ;0)

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Kristal said…

    Yikes. Same problem here... I ran over a bird the other day as it tried to fly UNDER my van. I heard it go through the motor and almost lost my breakfast.

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Dreama said…

    I seem to have suicidal squirrels...they choose the second before I pass to run in front of my car and I'll be damned if I swerve into the ditch to save one. I stop when I can, but when you're trucking along at 100kms/hr, there ain't much that can be done!

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    Birdstrike!! :)

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger millennium hippies said…

    yikes! flying at my car would freak me out! i have never understood how birds manage to get hit by cars...never made any sense to me! (here via michele's)

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger guppyman said…

    I usually aim for the pigeons under a bridge on the way to work.... It's a little game we play.... I try and hit them... they fly away at the last second.... I never though I'd actually get one.... well... until the other day.... *THUMP*

    Oops.... little winged rat won't need any more cheese.

    Here via Michele again.

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Canoes under my shoes said…

    Yeah...what gives??? I hope they don't know something we don't know...um, or something.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives