Wednesday, June 01, 2005
S.W.R.O.T.S.
Hmmm...funny...the acronym spells S.W Rots. Anyway, I thought I would make mention of that little movie that EVERYBODY seems to be talking about. You know the one. It has brought in a few dollars at the box office. Just a few. Indeed I am speaking of Star Wars:Revenge of the Sith. Well, I'm not really going to talk about that particular movie because I haven't seen it. But I was sittin' on Peter's park bench and he was talking about finally seeing the movie and how he actually didn't dislike it, etc, etc. Then he mentions Jar Jar binks. It then occurred to me that I was probably the only person in the free world who actually liked Jar Jar Binks. I am not afraid to admit it. But, see, I am not your average Star Wars Geek. I LOVED the first two. The ORIGINAL first two. From the 70's. They will always be the first ones to me. I am totally not into this whole prequel thing. Sure, I want to see this one and I have liked the others ok, but come on, you just can't beat Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Alec Guiness. There was no chemistry like Han and Chewie. I can remember playing outside with my friends when I was about 9 years old and our big combs that we carried in our back pockets, the big rectangular ones that said something like, "TUSH" or "FOXY", well, those were our light sabers. We would argue over who was going to be Princess Leia. We would practice the wind-sucking voice of Darth Vader. We collected the trading cards. The late 70's WAS Star Wars. A New Hope? Nope. It's just plain Star Wars to me.

Bubba-ump just informed me that he has never had TANG! Tang the orange drink mix. Never like in...not never! He led a sheltered childhood. Ok, excuse for a while so I can go to the store and buy some Tang.
posted by Angie @ 6:20 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Okay,, boy oh boy where do I start,, get the boy some tang please!!! And I have to admit although I admit that I am a Star Wars geek I too always refer to the first movie as simply Star Wars not the new name,, A New Hope.

     
  • At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're SO right! The first ones, and I mean the FIRST ones, from the 70's were THE best.
    I agree with TAra too, what's with the "A New Hope" thing? I mean , really...

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger Pikkel Weezel said…

    Is it wrong for a guy to want to travel around the country picking up strangers in a bright green shortbus just so he can bring them back to his house, put them in an old well in his basement, lower lotion down to them in a basket and watch them apply it?

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger Lu said…

    when i was younger i always wanted to like tang....and star wars...i kind of like both...lol

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger True Jersey Girl said…

    I was never a Star Wars fan - but I always did want to be Princess Leia. Or at least have her cool 'do.

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I still haven't seen Sith yet. Still don't know if I want to. But I'm with you - the first three will always be my faves!

    Scully

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    I love the originals but I must say that episode III may well be my new favorite ...I still can't get over how hot Anakin is in this movie ..:) And omg never had tang ?...Although I must say ...he isn"t missing much ...lmao I hate tang ..ewwwwww.I do not like Sunny D either .For me it's either real OJ or nothing ....Angie ....Go see the third one you won't be sorry..trust me ...lmao

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives