Sunday, July 29, 2007
Cell phones are from the Dev-eel
I don't like talking on the phone much. Sometimes me and my sister will have a marathon talk-about-how-we-will-NOT-become-our-mother session, but otherwise, I don't care for the phone. That is one reason why I have resisted cell phone ownership and usage at every turn. WHY do I want to be that accessible? I go to Wal-mart alone for a reason, people!

Yeah, so, Bubba gave me a cell phone. I don't even know the number, so don't ask. No, really, I don't. The number is currently written on a piece of paper that is stuffed down in the phone case. I don't have a snazzy ring tone because I know nothing about the phone other than how to dial if need be and how to text if need be. Besides, ring tones are so annoying. If I WANTED to hear "I Wanna Sex You Up" by Color Me Badd (that's TWO d's, not one), then I would go home and pull out my 80s compilation CD, weird lady in Wal-mart. Oh, wait. Was that 90s? Whatever. Seriously, if I hear one more effing ring tone of Crazy Train I will die-ie-ie-ie. (ha ha..get that little play on the beginning of Crazy Train? I crack myself up.)

Word of advice, annoying cell phone users, set the dang thing on VIBRATE and stuff it in your bra...or your underwear, fellas. And please keep the conversation to a dull roar. I do not want to hear about Uncle Jesse's open sores, ok?

Back to my the cell phone that inhabits my purse. It goes against my very core being to have this cell phone on my person. So, I pretend I'm just holding it for Bubba. That makes me feel better.

Hey, I still prefer a FILM camera. Change/technology + me = not so much.
posted by Angie @ 2:37 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    I don't like cell phones at all. It's taken a lot to get me to a digital camera.

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    The cell phone isn't nearly as annoying as the provider can be when something goes wrong with that instrument before the contract is up. Then the fun really begins. It happened to me recently and I may blog it.
    On the other hand, there are some real advantages to the digital camera. I have both a digital and a film SLR. The film camera sees very little use these days.
    Oh yeah, welcome back to the blogosphere.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Thumper said…

    I use about 3 minutes a month on my cell phone, but I definitely like having it with me, for those Just In Case kind of moments. It's nice to know that if the car is stolen while I'm wandering around WalMart I can call the Spouse Thingy to tell him our only viable transportation has vanished...

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cell phones are definitely spawn of satan. and if you can text, you're one up on me. i don't even think we have texting as part of our plan.

    gotta agree with drillera says about the film v. digital camera tho. i'm not even sure WHERE my film camera is any more. but the digital gets tons of use.

    but back to the cell phone. i don't wanna be available 24/7. eww, WHO thought THAT was a GOOD idea? remember the days when you could say, I'm going out for a while ... and it meant you were GONE ... where no one could locate you? and it was good and you could relax.

    now, however, i say i'm going out, the other half says, you got the cell? and i say, yeah. i come home three hours later and the phone chirps whilst i'm in the car. i have 5 messages ... apparently i had NO bars in the restaurant where i was hanging with friends ... suddenly i'm in trouble for not answering a cell phone that never rang.

    Sheesh. they're evil i tell ya ... evil.

    when are you and sea coming up here so we can par-tay?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives