Tuesday, October 31, 2006
10 On Spooky Day
Time for 10 on Tuesday...This week's topic is...

10 Best Movies for Halloween
When I got to thinking about what scary movies I like, I realized that I like older movies. I really don't get into the new breed of scary movies. Without further ado..here is my list.(in no particular order)

1) It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown This one isn't scary, but it's just not Halloween without poor Charlie Brown and his ghost costume with too many eye holes. I didn't realize that it was made in 1966! That is before I was even born! But, as with the Christmas Charlie Brown, this is a timeless classic!


2) Poltergeist It's funny, it's scary, it's intense. What more could you ask? I mean, come on, there is a creepy tree, skeletons in the (almost) pool, maggots on meat, creepy whispers from a tv, a weird midget lady, a freakishly scary clown and bunches of red clumpy slime. That's only the tip of the iceberg. I loved this movie so much back in the day, and I still do. I can remember being amazed that a mother would work so hard to save her children. (that was before I had kids of course.) Great cast and lots of good scary moments full of suspense.


3) Fright Night Oh my..how I love this movie. It's just so bad, it's good. When I was a freshman in high school, me and a friend of mine would talk about this movie during algebra and get in trouble for talking and laughing so much. The guy from Herman's Head...the neighbor from Married With Children...Chris Sarandon as a sexy vampire with perfect teeth...SUCH a great show. There was a guy at my high school who looked almost just like "Evil." So much so that everyone called him Evil. Remember when the girlfriend was turned into a vampire and her mouth turned all joker-vampire?? Kuh-reepy!


4) A Nightmare On Elmstreet The original. Not 2, 3, 4 or 10. The first one. That striped sweater. That clawed glove. Don't fall asleep!!


5) Friday the 13th Again, the original. Terrorized camp counselors. Let the scare fest begin! I was 10 or 11 I think when this movie came out and I can remember when they showed it on HBO and we watched it at a sleep over and we were scared to death!


6) Halloween The original. Creepy..scary..and that music..still gives me chills to this day.



Ok...7-10 will come later..because it is now time to get the kids ready for trick or treating.

Back from trick or treating...dinner has been eaten and the kids are getting ready for bed...ahhh...it's over..now, on with the list.

7)Carrie I just wanted to kick her mom in the head. The mean kids, too. Poor picked-on Carrie. They all got what they deserved. How can a movie go wrong with a bucket of pig's blood?


8) The Shining One word. REDRUM.


9) The Exorcist This movie scarred me for life back in the day. Scared me to death! It's scary and creepy enough to make my list. Those demon voices...


10) The Amityville Horror The original. Not the one with hot and buff Ryan Reynolds, but the one with shaggy 70s James Brolin and bad special effects and even worse acting. Love this scary cheese!! You couldn't pay me enough money to live in a house with windows like that house!



Happy Halloween!!!
posted by Angie @ 3:15 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Jose said…

    Without a doubt, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown is my favorite. I just love everything Peanuts. Where do you think I got the name Joe Cool from? I hope you had a great Halloween.

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha! I was scrolling down going, "She has to list 'The Shining,' she has to list 'The Shining'."

    Not sure if I formatted the various quotes in there...but you know what I'm saying. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives