Sunday, February 12, 2006
Love songs
Even if you don't want to read this whole post, scroll to the end. There's a question for you to answer. :) I'm all demanding like that.

While I was on YIM today, I decided to play the Yahoo! Launch. I chose the station "80's Love songs." Yeah, I know, go figure. After it played Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes," I heard the familiar beginning notes of me and Bubba's (mine and Bubba's? Bubba's and my? My and Bubba's? GRAMMAR POLICE, I need you!) song. I was shocked and awed that they even have the song in their repertoire as it is quite obscure. I'm PRETTY sure the only people who ever heard the song were those who attended dances in 1988 at Muncie Central High School in Indiana. Should I reveal the story or the song first?

The song? Ok. The song is "I Want To Be Your Man" by Roger. *pause for you all to say "Who?"* Yeah, I know. Others have well known romantic songs and we get Roger. Who the heck is freakin' Roger? I know you are dying for the lyrics, so I MUST oblige.


Hey lady let me tell you why,
I cant live my life without you,oh baby
everytime I see you walking by i get a thrill
you dont notice me but in time you will,I must make you
understand.....

chorus:I wanna be your man (I wanna be your man)
I wanna be your man (I do yeah,yeah)
I wanna be your man (I wanna be your man)
I wanna be your man (I wanna be your man)

Better not pass me by,cause if you do you'll lose a good
thing, (oh baby) Cause what I got to say is sealed with a kiss
and a wedding ring
(wedding ring)
My mind is blind at times
I can't see any one but you
Those other girls don't matter no they can't spoil my view
I must make you understand.....

[chorus: (2x)]

Words can never say what I feel, (it's too intense)
oh oh oh oh. I tried I tried I tried I tried to tell you
how I feel,but I get mixed up (soo mixed up)
my mind is blind at times I cant see anyone but you,those other
girls dont matter no they cant spoil my view,I must make you
understand.....

[chorus: repeat till song goes off]

Ok, if you have made it this far, please stay a while longer so I can convey the "how-our-song-came-about story."

The year...1988.
The place...A high school dance somewhere in Indiana

The set-up...Angie's "boyfriend" shows up at basketball game with another girl thus officially breaking up with her and giving Bubba the "in" he needed.

Fast forward to the dance. Angie is now crying, as high school girls do tend to over dramatize things. Her friend, Chad, asks her to dance just to cheer her up. Enter Bubba who cuts in and takes over. Cue song by Roger. Bubba kisses Angie and he is stuck with her for life.

Anyone need a tissue? No, not for tears, to wipe away the remnants from your gagging from the sweet romance. ;)

So, now, this is where you come in. Valentine's Day is in a couple of days. I don't care if you love it or hate it, just answer this question in my comments, please. :)

Tell me, please, what is your song? You and your husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend who ever...tell me what your song is.


LOVE SUIT UP! (COMMENT UP!) never mind...if you watch "How I Met Your Mother" you sort of get that...
I'm babbling..
Later..
posted by Angie @ 5:14 PM  
15 Comments:
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger "Jet" said…

    Love that song! I have started to make a collection of the good 80's love songs!!

    XXOO,
    JTL

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *suits up* I love that show. Hm, I don't have anyone to share a song with but my song is Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard... Don't ask!

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Crystie said…

    I don't believe that I have ever heard that song. But that was a great story!! oh my gosh! so sweet. Mine and Jesse's song is 'Me and You' by Kenny Chesney. My cousin Candi even sang it at our wedding. I hadnt even thought about Valentines Day!!

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger Scooter McGavin said…

    John Hiatt - Have a Little Faith in Me


    Scooter McGavin's 9th Green

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Secretly Me said…

    I'm enuf of a romantic to go for this ;) Hubby and I have a couple. The first and most important I think is "My Valintine" done by a female country artist, but can't for the life of me remember who! The second and third have wedding memories attached. One is "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain which was the first song we danced to and the second is "My Destiny" which was sung when we lit our unity candle.

    And I just LOVE the 80's! Think I have more CD's from that era than hubby would like!

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    I have a Zapp and Roger cd with that song on it :)

    hmmm our song would be alot of them ..lol We were 2,000 miles away from each other for ahwile so we had to get creative ...

    We have Thank you by Led Zeppelin,What you Give by Tesla, Iris by the Go Go dolls ,Good Morning Beautiful by Steve Holy ,When you lie next to me by Kelley Coffee...Rock Candy by Montrose,Beautiful in my eyes was the song we danced to at our wedding...

    The song we walked down the isle to was "God of wonders" by Third Day ..

    all these songs are special in thier own way.

    all of these for different reasons...

    and above person (Mel) ..Isn't My Valentine done my Martina McBride?

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Tracy S said…

    BTW I DO watch that show and I laughed at your *Suit up * ...Barney is a mess..lol

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Shelly said…

    My ex-fiance and I used to have (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams. That should have been my ultimate hint right there....

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said…

    I'm not so good in remembering the lyrics and titles of songs. When I hear the song then I remember.
    Our favorite song (I and my hubby) is She, An Affair to Remember and Because of You).

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger scrappintwinmom said…

    Wow, I remember your & Bubba's song! Jeez, I'm dating myself here. OK..our song? Well, our wedding song was "Lady" by Kenny ROgers...but lately our song is "safe Home" by Anthrax.

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jeez, I feel like I'm missing out. My husband and I will have been married for 11 years this coming May, and we still don't have a song.

    I guess it's not too late, though. I'm thinking "Monster Mash".

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger James said…

    We are absolutely "children of the 80's". Our song is "I Can Dream About You" by Dan Hartman (from the "Streets of Fire" soundtrack.)

    James @ Right Face!

     
  • At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cute story. :)

    I'm not dating anyone at the moment, but the last guy I dated our song was "How Sweet It Is (To be Loved by You)" by James Taylor.

    Oh, and Michele sent me!

     
  • At 1:48 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

    We don't "have" a song, as in one that was played at our wedding or anything, but the theme song from the Greatest American Hero (Believe It or Not) is the one that always cracks us up as the one song that we both remembered that no one else did. It's just a ... thing... and probably a super-annoying thing at that! :D

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said…

    ZAPP was the shit - wanna see you movin on the dancefloor ba bee. oooo ooo, the way you move, doncha eva stop -
    shake shake it baby
    shake shake it

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives