Tuesday, May 03, 2005
A Big Shout Out
I gotta give mad props to some of my girls out there who faithfully comment here at F.C.
(hee hee, I just used props in a sentence. My daughter would so laugh at me!) It hasn't been all that long since I featured a few of my favorites but I wanna do it again.


First, big ups to Tara over at Pineapple's Post. She is crazy silly like me when it comes to the 80's and she drools over Rob Thomas. She's fun and smart and all that jazz...go visit her! :) Oh yeah, and she comments here all the time. Tara's all that and a bag of chips, yo. She has Constantine hair, too. Inside joke, nevermind...

Next, shouts go out to Scully. I can always count on a good comment from her. If only I were as good at commenting on her blog. Go see her. I think you would like her. She deserves some nice comments. She's been working hard lately...and she just had a date with a fireman! Ooh la la! :)

Finally, let's talk about MommaK over at petroville. She is a tried and true commentor here. Definitely go take a look at her blog. It's just cute as a button. She reads good books, watches Survivor and has a romantic husband. You'll like her.

Oh, wait! I can't forget aka_monty. That girl is da bomb! (I swear I don't really talk like that! I think I have been watching too much Randy on American Idol!) she's got a great sense of humor. I could say more, but my brain is lacking the ability to think of good adjectives...just trust me on this. She is someone to take a look at!

ETA--A great big HOLLA to all the others who comment here. I HEART you all!!

Ok, so I got my suck-up post of the week over with...now on to the American Idol talk. Skip it if you couldn't care less..I won't mind.

Anthony-I've never been an Anthony fan, but I could usually tell when he had a pretty good week. This was NOT one of those weeks. His first song sounded out of tune! His second song was slightly better, but not by much. He is so...boring..to me. I don't think he has ever stood out among the singers. He looks better with his glasses on, too.

Scott-He kicked it this week! He did an EXCELLENT job of singing "On Broadway!" When he pointed at Simon when he sang that line "they say that I won't last too long on Broadway" and Simon actually smiled and laughed, I thought that was great. I thought his comments to Simon were more playful this time rather than stupid and cocky as in the past. And he looked a lot better tonight than other nights. His second song was good as well, and a lot stronger than some of his ballads in the past. I voted for Scott and I am not ashamed to admit it to the blogging world. :)

Vonzell-Vonzell was a lot weaker than the last few weeks. I am a big fan, but her first song "Treat Me Nice" was so out of tune and "pitchy." Simon called it a mess. I think I agree. Her second song was a little bit better, but not as great as Randy made it sound. Vonzell always looks good, though. If that matters.

Bo-Dude. Shave your beard...or at least trim it. It's looking scraggily. (is that a word??) Bo did well, though I thought he did better on "How Far is Heaven" than he did on "Stand By Me." Can't really say all that much about Bo. He does about the same every week.

Carrie-Awesome as usual! I loved both of her performances. She picked great songs for her voice. Can she get any cuter? I still think it should be Carrie and Bo in the final two. The voting as of late may not allow it, though.

Will they do bottom 3 tomorrow night? If they do, I think it will be Anthony, Vonzell and I can't decide on a third.

Anthony needs to go this week!!!


Ok, I had some more stuff to talk about...but I am so tired. I am finally finishing this at 1 am! Off to bed. More tomorrow.
posted by Angie @ 9:49 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger True Jersey Girl said…

    I just posted my Idol review today too! I am NOT a Scott fan (ah, so YOU are the one voting for him! LOL) and I agree, Anthony will probably go this week. I think bottom three will be Anthony, Scott, and Vonzell.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Strizz said…

    Comeo ver to my site and play the 80s trivia challenge game, no props required.

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Aww golly gee Ang,,thanks for givin me some props,,, ur makin me blush,,, you are the bomb! Did I use that in the right tense and all?? LOL. No teenager in our house so not so sure.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You didn't just say props...you said MAD props! It's possible that your daughter wouldn't even know what that means! ;)

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Awww, you're a sweetie pie! Thanks for the mad props. I knew I came here all the time for a reason. You rock:-)

    I agree that Anthony will (should go). I am not a Scott fan. I don't care if he starts singing like Frank Sinatra, I wont like him. Carrie was awesome (but needs to let loose), Bo was good but his head shaking makes me worry he has a palsy, Vonselle's first song was great, and Anthony just couldn't keep up this week. He's a nice kid but just not as talented as the rest. It will be interesting tonight. Are you watching the primetime special tonight too? Good stuff...I'm excited.
    BTW-
    I mentioned Paula in my post today but no one has noticed yet.

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said…

    Thanks a heap for the SHOUT OUT! You know I loves me some ANGIE!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives