Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Top 12 sing the Beatles
Ryan introduces the new set. It's bigger and light-y-er. The band is way up high now instead of just behind the singers. Maybe they won't drown out the performers, now.

Syesha--Got To Get You Into My Life
Her low register was too quiet, but the chorus sounded really good. I wasn't in love with her hair tonight, but she is so pretty, it didn't much matter. 6 1/2 of 10









Chikezie--She's A Woman
He started out sitting on the stage with band around him playing a banjo, tambourine, fiddle...then he kicked it up and danced around stage. A fun performance with a few shaky notes, but he may have just saved himself! Plus? He wears a sweater vest MUCH better than Blake Lewis. 7 1/2 of 10









Ramiele--"In My Life"
Boring. She added a "glory note" at the end that didn't fit. A total snooze-fest. Like Simon said, forgettable. Way too safe for Top 12. At least they didn't say, "Big voice, little body." 5 of 10 Mostly because I was bored.









Jason-- "If I Fell"
Not as boring as Ramiele, thank goodness. Still, a little TOO soft and he struggled a bit with a couple of notes, but I love the Castro! It's the guitar! It's the eyes! It's the voice! 7 of 10 (I almost gave him a 9 because I love him so much!)









Carly--"Come Together"
My conclusion is that Carly can sing, but I don't care for her voice. This song didn't impress me all that much and I feel deaf because everyone was into it. I'll score her well, though. 8 of 10 Would be higher probably if I liked her voice more.









David Cook--"Eleanore Rigby"
Blech. Didn't dig it. 5 of 10 mostly because he gets on my nerves. I hate his hair, his soul patch, the dracula collar on his jacket, and I didn't like his take on this song. Amen.









Brooke--"Let It Be"
A great song for her voice and I love that she plays the piano. I just really, really loved this. I tend to agree with Paula (!!) in that Brooke brings emotion to her songs. She's my favorite female on the show, by far. 8 1/2 of 10









David H--"I Saw Her Standing There"
What happened? Worst performance of his yet. 5 of 10









Amanda--"You Can't Do That"
I just don't like her. Period. 5 of 10









Michael--Across the Universe
Yay, Aussie! Much better. Loved the song. Love him. Don't care if he's not as good as his hype was. Yum. 8 of 10









Kristy--"8 Days A Week"
Ew. Bad country version. Too fast. Too vibrato-ish-like. WAY too Hee Haw. SAL-ute! 4 of 10









David A--"We Can Work It Out"
I liked the peppy Archie, but he was a little rough. He had some trouble with a couple of notes and he forgot a word or two, but I just love the kid. I don't care how much he is hyped, he is good. There is no doubt. Plus, is it HIS fault that they pimp him so much?? Nope. 7 1/2 of 10


My Top 3: Brooke, Michael, and Carly (I guess) Special mention to Chikezie who REALLY entertained me tonight.

My Bottom 3: KRISTY!, Amanda and Ramiele

The votes could go ANY way, but I'd vote Kristy off if I could. If not her, then Amanda.

PS I love you, Simon. Paula deserved the "shut up!"

PPS All screen caps courtesy of the most awesome SLIM.
posted by Angie @ 8:02 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger BeckEye said…

    I loved that we both called ouyt Chikezie for rummaging around in Blake's closet.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    I think we pretty much agree. I do think that David H is in trouble. He shows no personality and he let the back up singers hit the high notes for him last night. If you can't hit all of the notes, pick another song.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives