Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Top 11 sing The Beatles (again)
I wasn't thrilled with a second night of Beatles, last night. TPTB at AI kinda want to drive me batty. Anway, here's my assessment of AI sings the Beatles part two. Overall, I found it to be a boring night. Keep in mind, I was TRES crabby last night and not in the mood to be nice. Much.

Amanda--Back In the USSR. Same old, same old. I don't like Amanda. She is gravelly and nasal (and no, nasal is not a style) and the blonde in her hair washes her out. Makes her look older than she is. Also, the backup singers were drowning her out, which isn't her fault, of course, but it drives me crazy. I'm with Simon when he said she is becoming boring. It's the same thing every week. She TRIED to be clever after judge comments, but Simon pretty much put her in her place. LOVE Simon. 4 of 10







Kristy--You've Got To Hide Your Love Away. I'm not a Kristy fan. There was just too much country twang or something. She was flat, flat, flat in places. I didn't care for it at all. Nor did I care for that weird dress with cowboy boots. 4 of 10










Archie--The Long and Winding Road. David A redeemed himself after forgetting his words last week. He did a great job with this song. I wish he had picked a different song as I think this one is a little whiny or something. But, I still love the kid, no matter the hype. Plus? Can he get any cuter? I would totally have a crush if I were 16. 8 1/2 of 10










Michael--A Day In The Life. Oh, Michael. I love you so much, but tonight was kinda not great. The first few lines were very good. And then he tried to hit that high note. Yikes. But then it got better. And then there was another bad note. And then it ended ok. Also? A shirt and tie! NOT a tattered t-shirt! I don't want him to go, but this performance may put him in the bottom 3. *sigh* 5 MAYBE 5 1/2 of 10










Brooke--Here Comes The Sun. Great song choice for her. Despite what the judges thought, I thought she did great and looked great. I loved it! 8 1/2 of 10










David C--Daytripper Eh. I didn't understand a word of it except for "daytripper" a couple of times. And, hello? What was up with the Frampton voice box thingy? This guy's attitude drives me batty. 6 1/2 of 10










Carly--Blackbird. She gives me some weird Celine vibe. Ugh. What the H was that top she had on? Anyway, I love Blackbird, but I don't love Carly. I'll say it again, I know Carly can sing, but I don't care for her voice. 7 1/2 of 10










Jason--Michelle. How can you NOT love this guy from his interviews? How can you not swoon over his eyes? His smile? He is just endearing even with though Michelle was not a wonderful song choice. I kinda loved him when he sang the French part. And all those goofy looks on his face were just awesome! Love ya, Jason! Call me! 7 of 10










Syesha--Yesterday. It was a little too high but very pretty. 7 of 10










Chikeze--I've Just Seen a Face. He had me up until that harmonica and then it felt like a mess. (NOBODY plays harmonica like my Taylor Hicks!) I kinda like Chikeze and I hope he stays over Kristy and Ramiele. 6 of 10










Ramiele--I Should Have Known Better. I don't remember much about it. I'm not a fan of her singing OR her wardrobe. 5 of 10







What a mediocre to blechy night.

My bottom 3: Kristy, Ramiele, and Amanda.
My top 3: Archie, Brooke and Carly (even though I don't like her much.)

Could be ANYONE going home. Can't wait to see.
posted by Angie @ 7:30 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger DrillerAA said…

    Last night was not the best night, but at least the right person went home tonight.
    On with the show and leave the Beatles in the rear veiw mirror.

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Jose said…

    For me a second Beatles show was a waste. I must say I was not expecting Amanda to be the one getting the boot. I knew Kristy would stay and make top 10 just based on looks alone. Carly, I just don't care for her. I can't get past her tattoo and then she wears weird clothes to top it off.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives