Friday, November 19, 2004
The One On Friday Night
Remember the good old days when you just couldn't wait until Friday night? Because there would be a game and maybe a dance afterward. Or a party...or something equally fun and exciting. Exciting to a teenager, anyway. I was a teen in the 80's. Must be why now I am so into all things 80's. Oh, which reminds me, have you seen Duran Duran lately? The original line-up is back together and they still look pretty darn good for "old" guys. Duran Duran was my obsession when I was about 13 or 14 years old. OBSESSION. Literally. My best friend, Jeri and I would spend endless hours going through teen magazines, cutting out pictures of D2 and tearing out articles and posters. We each had a file box(!) filled with articles, pictures, posters....all things Duran. (what a nerd I was!) Our walls were covered in posters. Our jackets covered with Duran buttons. She bought me a skinny pink leather tie for my birthday once. My sister bought me a "John Taylor" fedora. Jeri and I HAD A BIRTHDAY PARTY for Andy Taylor once. We baked a cake and made a sign. There is photographic evidence of this. **note to self--find Andy Taylor b-day photos and BURN them** Next comes a most embarrassing admission. The Plan. We had this plan to get up close to "the guys." First, get front row tickets to their concert. 'Cause you know, it is just so easy to do that. Then, when the timing was perfect and those little guys with "event staff" on the back of their shirts were looking the other way, we would bound onto the stage and using previously acquired handcuffs (handcuffs!) we would attach ourselves to either a member of the band or the drum kit. You know, simple as that. I cringe to this day when I think of that plan. We were...idiots! Ok, so someone tell me how this turned into a Duran Duran memoir?! Anyway, what I was going to say...when Duran Duran tours near here, I am SOOOO there!

I think tomorrow I will tell my fan more about me and my family. I had better start fabricating interesting stories now...


posted by Angie @ 10:04 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger stefani said…

    Oh boy those memories of jr. high are flooding back. You are not the only one that had a 'plan' LOL! I mostly remember getting permission from a teacher to use her room during lunch because we just had to have our 45 min of Duran Duran songs. Or going to the only store in the mall that had the laser disks and having them put in Duran Duran's and not let them change it. We sat there all day. Thanks for the memories.

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog said…

    LOL Wow I thought I'd been a duran-crazy youngun. But throwing a birthday party for Andy? You win!!

    :wave: thanks for blogmarking me :) Just wanted to come by to say hello and add ya to my list.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me

angie1

Name: Angie
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: Kicking and screaming into my forties...
See my complete profile
100+ things about me
What does 'ficken chingers' mean?
Main Page
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from angiedi70. Make your own badge here.

previous post
links

listed



archives